Tuckahoe, NY – Beginning orthodontic treatment means beginning a relationship that can last for a few years. It’s important for you to choose an orthodontist who not only provides exceptional care, but also with whom you feel comfortable.
Dr. Sam Polan of Tuckahoe Family Orthodontics is committed to both – the highest quality paired with compassionate care.
“I love helping my patients achieve their best smiles,” says Dr. Polan. “And we work very hard to make sure our patients feel comfortable, supported and cared for throughout their time in treatment.”
Tuckahoe Family Orthodontics treats every patient as a member of the family – creating a professional environment that is also comfortable and fun.
When looking for an orthodontist, it is important to look at the education and experience. After graduating dental school, one must go on to an additional 2-3 years of education and training to become an orthodontist.
Additionally, it’s important to think about how you’ll feel being in the office every six to eight weeks for approximately two years (the average treatment time). Dr. Polan offers these suggestions for potential patients:
- Is the office comfortable and inviting?
- Is the office conveniently located? Can you easily access the location from home, work and/or school?
- Are there office hours that can easily fit into your schedule? Does the office offer early or late hours to accommodate work and school schedules?
- Does the staff welcome interaction, including feedback and questions?
- Does the staff adequately explain treatment options, including which treatment will be best for your individual situation?
- Are all payment options clearly explained, and all costs properly laid out?
“These are all things that orthodontic patients should take into consideration before choosing an orthodontist,” says Dr. Polan. “Every orthodontist should want their patients and families to feel comfortable throughout the treatment process. That means not only offering an office that is welcoming, but also ensuring a staff that is caring and open to listening to patients.”
If you or your child are in need of orthodontic treatment, you’ll find a compassionate, well-trained staff waiting at Tuckahoe Family Orthodontics. At Tuckahoe Family Orthodontics, every person who comes into the office is treated as a member of the family. Call 914-654-1859 today.