Tuckahoe, Bronxville, Eastchester NY – Orthodontic treatment is a typical part of many teenagers’ lives, but now the options available are better than ever.
“Invisalign Teen has become a great option for many teenagers for getting a great looking and healthy smile,” says Dr. Sam Polan, a Tuckahoe orthodontist. “Patients not only love the look, but also the freedom it gives them while they are in orthodontic treatment.”
So, how is Invisalign Teen different from standard braces?
- Invisalign Teen is the only truly clear option available. The aligners are virtually invisible, so kids don’t have to draw any more attention to their smiles than necessary.
- Invisalign Teen doesn’t interfere with your life. The aligners are removable, so you can take them out when you eat and drink. That means you don’t have to say goodbye to any foods that you love. You can continue snacking on popcorn, chips and pizza. And, you don’t have to spend extra time brushing and flossing around brackets and wires. Just pop the aligners out and brush and floss as usual.
- Invisalign Teen is more comfortable. The aligners are made from a smooth plastic, and there are no metal brackets and wires that can irritate the mouth.
- Invisalign Teen is custom-made. Every set of aligners is uniquely designed by your orthodontist for each patient, and each is precisely calibrated to guide the teeth to a specific location, until the desired movement is reached.
- Invisalign Teen is comparable in cost and treatment time to standard braces. Parents love this part – clear aligners are generally covered by dental insurance, just as standard metal braces are, and usually costs only a little more.
- While clear aligners are a great option for many teens, it’s important to keep in mind that Invisalign only works as well as each patient uses it, and in order to be successful aligners must be worn 22 hours per day, every day.
“Today, Invisalign technology has improved greatly, and clear aligners can be used by orthodontists to treat a host of malocclusions,” says Dr. Polan, who is an Invisalign Preferred Provider. “Whether it’s crowding, spacing, overbites, underbites – aligners can be a great tool for your orthodontist to create a beautiful, healthy smile, all with minimal interference in your life.”
To find out if Invisalign might be right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Polan today at Tuckahoe Family Orthodontics by calling 914-654-1859.